Thursday, July 20, 2006

Heart FM Interview, and the train journey from hell

Yesterday I popped down to London for an interview at Heart FM on the hottest July day since 1911 (or something like that). The interview was OK, not bad for a first stab in the studio. I’m definitely not going to listen back to the interview though.

The journey back home was hell however. The announcer kindly told us that the carriage temperature was 47oC, which on a packed rush hour train is NOT GOOD. It was hell, and I’m surprised there were no fatalities. What’s more, the guy sitting next to me was drinking COFFEE. COFFEE? I don’t care why. I don’t care what perverse pleasures some people want to enjoy in the comfort of their 47oC house. The heat of the cup was literally burning the side of my face, and the site of steam almost tipped me into a coma.

To further add to the insult, the train company had decided to put up an advert for an air conditioning company, in an un-air conditioned train, right in front of me. Why would they do this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home