Thursday, April 27, 2006

A juggling act

I’ve had a really tough time over the past week. The first problem is that my little daughter seems to be a fly strip for any illness that’s going round at the nursery, and has a nice little trick of passing them directly to me. I’ve been sick, had a fever, been unable to move my neck, and have lost my voice all in 7 days.

Second, I’ve had some serious restaurant problems to resolve. At the moment I’m in fundraising mode, cashing in and redirecting funds left, right and centre. This is a true business skill – and one that any prospective businesses owner better get used to! Sales have remained lacklustre at our retail based shop – reflecting the trend of the past year. Leicester has become one big building site over the past few weeks because of a huge extension to the Shires shopping centre. Unfortunately the works have literally knocked down a couple of our major sources of customers, and has blocked access for others.

On the charity front I’m busier than ever gearing up for the launch. There’s still so much to do, but I actually feel like we’re slowly getting there. Version 1 of the application that will deliver the project is almost ready for testing, and is starting to look really good. The biggest areas of focus at the minute are sorting out our banking, and hooking up the donation systems. Internet merchant accounts are SO complicated. I also need to sort out the proper site hosting. A few companies I have been talking to have gone quiet which is making me uneasy.

Uneasy. That probably sums up my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home