Thursday, April 20, 2006

Recognising dyscalculia

Since my first post about dyscalulia I have seen a pretty big spike in traffic. My general perception is that there are a whole load of people that are just hearing about the condition and something is ringing true with them. Most of the posts on dyscalculiaforum are from people that have just heard the word for the first time and are delighted to hear that they are not alone.

So anyway, the result is that lots of people are searching for information about the disorder (let's not call it a disease people!). When I was diagnosed back in 2000ish there wasn't a mention of it on the internet. Even just a year ago all we had were the the official dyscalculia sites, those boring looking websites that are as inhuman as they get.

Today we have a few really good sites that should start tell the human stories behind the problem - he kind of information that is so readily available for dyslexia today. My hope is that this swell in public interest (demonstrated by my increase in website traffic) will make its way into schools - which is where a difference can really be made.

Tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home