Sunday, January 29, 2006

Dreading the week ahead?

I’ve had one of those introspective days today, thinking about the week ahead. Trouble is, from where I’m standing I just can’t imagine the end of it.

The restaurants are causing most of the problems. It’s that week in the month when major payments leave the bank account – meaning we will be naturally low on cash. But it’s also that week in the quarter when lots of money needs to be found (rent etc…) which is a bigger problem. I always get pretty down when I feel that everyone I speak to is someone looking for a cheque – hence the introspective mood and negative post!! A call to the bank will be my first task tomorrow!

On top of that, I need to make some major progress with the new project this week or it is going to falter. Last week was not productive enough. We need that first breakthrough, that first piece of the puzzle. It’s really difficult keeping a team motivated in the early stages of a venture when there is nothing concrete for them to hold on to. I am naturally a very motivated person, but I’m aware that so many people find it difficult to focus, and will naturally drift without daily guidance during the early days.

My problem this week is that the pressure of the restaurant situation is going to hamper my efforts with the project. I just don’t think there will be enough of me to spread around to keep the whole show going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home