Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SEOsoftware.net sale heats up

I’m now finalising the sale of SEOsoftware.net. After hundreds of requests for information I have narrowed it down to a handful of serious buyers. I’ve put a deadline of Thursday for bids, and then it will be gone.

I really have mixed feelings about letting this site go. It really is such a great site and it’ll be strange to see it continue to grow under new ownership, but it will free up some resources and allow me to properly focus on the new projects.

I always preach to people that ‘sentiment has no place in business’, i.e. emotional decisions are not business decisions, but it is still difficult to let something go after you have brought it into the world and fiercely guarded its integrity. Yes, I sound like a total sap talking about a website as if it’s a member of the family, and yes, it is only a relatively small site, but when you’re the kind of person that throws yourself into everything you do the outcome will always be the same.

If I'm honest with myself I actually think that there isn’t enough emotion in business, and despite preaching to the contrary I often make quasi-sentimental decisions at work. Perhaps a topic for debate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home