Friday, January 06, 2006

Counting the Christmas costs

So Christmas is a distant memory and the business community is busy counting the costs, and profits, of the festive season. I will have to wait until next week before the final few cost figures are in before I can work out how Jabberwocky performed.

I didn’t escape the pressures of work over the break however. The Christmas post has delayed the payments of some of our larger corporate clients, and therefore some frantic phone calls to the bank were required to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Early signs are that Christmas was a mixed bag for the major retailers. The BBC have reported a pick up in sales http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3422499.stm, but I am more cautious. To me the high streets didn’t feel busy enough, and certainly our shops could have been busier. I look forward to the official stats later in the month.

Although I was expecting to have bumper sales at Jabberwocky, I had predicted that my web businesses would suffer in December. I was wrong. I sold a couple of hundred dollars worth of software on Christmas Day, which is strange considering we only sell b2b software.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home