Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Website down, media calling

What a miserable day. Started off with a big press release going out about the easyBully story, and how we're increasing the security of the website to prevent abuse. Just as it hits the shelves at around 8am the site goes down for some unexplained reason.

Apparently it was off line between 7am and 9am, but was on and off until at least 12pm. I had a few newspapers call, and it was extremely unhelpful not to be able to show them round the site.

So I ended up canceling my entire day to sort out the problems that this outage had caused, and now I'm knackered.

At the moment my four main focuses are

1) The Schools Programme, which requires grant funding (a very long process).

2) Visual projection of the image in London as it's developing. Again involving funding, plus negotiations with the site owner.

3) Marketing. We're finishing off a round of local PR, and some more viral marketing plus general PR work. I'm sick of celebrities and have completely given up on them for the time being.

4) Website developments - of which there are zillions. Eamonn came up with some more good ideas today which I want to expand on when I meet him on monday. I also keep getting emails with good ideas so lots to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home