Thursday, May 18, 2006

Learning to speak "server"

At a certain level, website hosting is simple. I was a web designer in a past life and back then I just stuck a website on a virtual server and away we went. So the thought of arranging the servers for this project website was not a big deal. I was going out to look for a reputable company to sponsor us, providing what we needed in return for the excellent exposure that would be generated.

But then I realised that the hosting world had adopted a new language, and it wasnt English.

Apparently we need a scalable, load balanced, fire walled, duel server platform with more redundancy that a UK car manufacturer. Good job I left it to the last minute then hey.

Apart from learning to talk server, I also had a go at getting some pictures for the all important website profiles. Unfortunately I havent seen the light of day for several weeks, so they came out really badly.

To disprove the suggestions of vanity, here is my very worst shot. I was laughing so loudly there wasnt a chance of staying in focus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home