Friday, September 22, 2006

One million is A LOT

Damn, one million is a lot of people. We hear the word so often nowadays that it's lost it's impact. In my early conversations with people about the One Million Masterpiece project I got a lot of "hey, you'll get one million in a few days" or "maybe you should make it the five million". I knew they were talking crap, which is why I set myself a year. Most people thought a year was too long, but I certainly don't.

Let's do the math. We have 292 days remaining and 998,414 people left to find. That's 3,419 per day or 142 per hour or 2ish per second. That's a lot of people. We've started to make some good progress with a new strategy. Yesterday we recorded 716 new artists and I'm hoping we might top that today - but it's still some way off the 3,419 daily target we need. Plus for every day we don't hit that target, the target gets bigger.

In the past people would say "nobody said it would be easy", but in this case everybody said it would be easy. Don't you just love proving people wrong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home